Septic tanks can cause foul odors to arise in your yard. This is never a good thing, but the issue can be fixed. Certain gases coming out of the septic tank system can be very dangerous, so it’s important to make sure you take care of the problem as quickly as possible.
Septic Tank System Problems:
Septic tank gases leaked can be very harmful if they enter the home, and they can cause explosions in certain circumstances. These gases include carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulphide and methane. These are toxic gases, so it’s important to not have them enter into your home.
Problems arise when:
- Septic Tank Full – this is when the septic tank needs to be emptied out, and a professional like Freedom Septic Service can help you do this.
- Gargling Sounds – if you hear gargling sounds, this can mean that the tank is full and needs to be emptied as well.
- Roof Plumbing Vent – if your plumbing vent in your roof is not working properly, toilets and sinks could dry out and release odors in your home. In the winter, these vents could freeze, which means you need to check on these regularly in the winter.
- Poor installation – if your septic tank system was installed poorly, it can fail due to poor maintenance and waste disposal. Make sure to get a trusted professional like Freedom Septic Service to install the system.
What to do?
- Check manhole cover – manhole covers need to be secured and fitted properly, or else sewer gases can release into the home.
- Contact a professional – At Freedom Septic Service, we are a family-owned company with more than 20 years of experience in septic system installation and repair. If you’re experiencing foul odors in your house or yard, and you know there is a problem with your septic tank system, contact Freedom Septic Service at 410-795-2947.
Your toilet can get pretty dirty as anyone would know, and it’s very important to clean it out regularly, so it doesn’t get even dirtier. Your bathroom in general hosts quite a bit of bacteria, and the more you use it, the more it gets filthy. This will happen because we use our bathroom every… Read more »
We tend to forget about what we throw down our kitchen sink because of cooking and cleaning. This can be a major problem if we don’t make sure we are watching what we put down. There can be some clogging and back-up in the drain and grease trap. These Should NOT be in the drain:… Read more »
A septic tank problem is never fun. You rely on your septic system to keep your plumbing in proper working order, so it’s essential to make sure it’s doing the job. Freedom Septic Service will be able to repair if you notice any problems. Here Are the Telling Signs If you notice these problems, then… Read more »
Since the weather is starting to turn, and the summer is approaching, outdoor wedding season is upon us. There are plenty of things to be planning when it comes to a wedding, and there are some things people forget to consider. One of those things is the bathroom situation. Having an outdoor facility is the… Read more »
Yes, we have all been through this. You use the restroom, flush the toilet, and see the water start to rise. Our heart jumps, and our eyes widen when we see it happen. What could be worse? Using someone else’s toilet is worse. But let’s try and clear up why this can happen. The reasons… Read more »
Your septic tank allows for safe wastewater disposal, so keeping it properly serviced is important for you and your tank’s health and safety. There are many signs that indicate it is time to pump out your septic tank; below we’ve highlighted the most common! Flooded drain fields Out of sight, out of mind: when you… Read more »
There is nowhere more complicated to clean in our homes than our bathrooms. It’s where we conduct our most thorough cleaning, yet somehow, there are still a few nooks and crannies that just slip through the cracks. So, the next time you scrub down your bathroom, keep these most commonly missed places in mind! The… Read more »
As the cold winter months usher in fresh snowfalls, freezing temperatures, and icy conditions, it is time to pay some extra special attention to your home’s septic system. Your septic system maintains your home’s wastewater, so it is important to make sure your system is ready for harsher conditions. Here are some ways to prepare… Read more »
Your septic tank is the foundation of your waste system. It’s how you keep your property’s hygiene up-to-code and how you manage sewage or any flooding. However, this well-oiled machine will only function properly with your help. Here are a few things to do—and more importantly—a few things not to do when it comes to… Read more »