When a septic tank fails to function properly, everyone suffers. The smell of a broken or leaking septic system is unforgiving and overwhelming. If your home, trailer, or RV is a popular congregation area for family and friends, then a healthy, odorless septic system is vital. This is especially true if you often have guests of guests coming in and out of your lavatory; people rarely consider septic systems, more so when they don’t personally know the owner.
Below you’ll find a few tips you can use to help keep your septic system in good condition for as long as possible. Some of the tips are great practices for everyday life, and others are great to share with guests. When you entertain, post friendly signs requesting specific behavior and a list of items to avoid flushing.
- Be sure to always use biodegradable toilet paper, specifically a brand that has a “Septic Safe” logo on it
- For extra encouragement, provide a small garbage can, along with disposable bags; ask guests to dispose of anything other than toilet paper in the bags
- As soon as you notice a flaw or leak, call for help; don’t let small problems become big problems
- Control water usage to avoid waste or excess flushing; don’t use the toilet as a garbage can
- Go easy on the chemicals, and never use anything harsh or abrasive.
At Freedom Septic Service, we have the ability to come in and make sure your septic system is running perfectly. We can get to the bottom of any issues if you’re having any with your septic system. Our maintenance and installation team will make sure you’re system is working properly. Contact Freedom Septic System at 410-795-2947 today or visit us online for more information!